To qualify for an assessment, facilities must meet the following criteria:
- Be a manufacturer or water/wastewater treatment facility
- Have annual energy bills between $100,000 and $3.5 million
- Be located within 150 radial miles of San Francisco
Other facilities may qualify for SFSU-IAC service under exception. Please contact us if you have questions about the eligibility of your facility.
Client Contact and Possible Pre-Assessment Visit
After a potential client expresses interest in receiving SFSU-IAC services, the assessment coordinator will ensure that
- The client becomes familiar with the assessment objectives and procedure.
- The client is eligible for an assessment.
- If necessary, an SFSU-IAC director may visit the client before the assessment.
Collection of Pre-Assessment Data
Before conducting an assessment, SFSU-IAC needs the client’s utility bills from the past year and a filled-out Manufacturer’s Information Sheet. Linked is the Manufacturer’s Information Sheet.
If some data are not readily available, the assessment coordinator will help the client collect them to the extent possible. Pre-Assessment data must be made available to SFSU-IAC at least two weeks before the assessment.
Phone Interview and Scheduling of Assessment
The assessment coordinator will arrange with the client the assessment date and time. Prior to the onsite visit, the assessment coordinator will conduct a brief phone interview to collect additional background information.